Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Define Irony

Original Post Date: September 18, 2007

So, I called the Rodgers and Hammerstein Organization today to verify how many piano scores they had sent us for the LOT Gala. I was on hold for about a minute or so. I was absolutely shocked to discover that the "hold music" was not by Richard Rodgers. Wouldn't you think it would be? I mean, seriously. You're the R&H Organization. Put your founding father's music on for us to listen to while we're on hold! He's the grandfather of the modern musical, after all. It's the least you can do. (Or put some Adam Guettel on there. He's Rodgers' grandson and he wrote one of the best musicals ever! The Light in the Piazza!!!!)

Gave me a nice chuckle during an otherwise blah kind of day. Tomorrow is International Talk Like a Pirate Day, so it will be a GREAT DAY!!! Arrrrrr!!

No comments: