Wednesday, October 22, 2008

What was lost is now FOUND!!!

Original Post Date: October 27, 2007

Okay, so 4 1/2 years ago, I was in an AMAZING production of "Titanic: The Musical". We used a LOT of luggage in the 1st scene (obviously...everyone was boarding the ship.) Well, I brought in a few pieces of luggage to be used. Some were mine, but there were some that I borrowed from my grandma. Well, when the show closed, one piece of luggage got mixed in with the stuff going back to OpenStage's warehouse. I had 2 or 3 people that knew that it happened, and they were going to get it back for me. They never followed through, and I thought I'd never see the suitcase again.

Fast forward to today. I went with Shauna to pick up some flats, platforms, and stairs she needs for the "Oliver!" set. I didn't realize until we got there where we were. The Openstage warehouse! I could see their prop storage in the back. (Which, by the way, is like an awesome flea market! They had tons of totally sweet stuff!) Anyway, I head up the stairs, eying the suitcases. Suddenly, I see it. It's small, it's brown, and it has a ripped White Star Line sticker on it. I open it. Inside, is a funny flyer I made as well as the White Star Line Tourist Info brouchure I made to carry onstage when I entered as a 2nd Class Passenger. IT WAS MY SUITCASE!!!! I was sure I'd never see it again!!! I was so excited!!!! Made my whole day!

Now I have a happy ending for my story about why you shouldn't bring props in for a show unless you won't be heartbroken if they get lost or broken. Woo hoo!!!!!!

Now if the Rockies can have as good of a day as I have had. C'mon boys!

No comments: