Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Welcome to the "Peaks and Valleys" yet again!

Original Post Date: April 30, 2008

So the week started off well enough. Rehearsal was good on Monday. Learned a few key things to work on in regards to my acting style. Got out early...it was actually still light when I left the theater. That was nice. Tuesday rehearsal was just for the guys, so I was looking forward to a relaxing evening. Well, that is, until I left work and drove to the post office...same as every day. Got back out to the car, and it wouldn't start. CRAP! It did the clicking thing it used to do when it was cold, and then just wouldn't make a sound at all. Luckily, I was in downtown Loveland not at freaking Red Rocks. So I call home...no answer. I call Shauna...no answer. I think "I'll call Neal....wait....can't call Neal. CRAP!" I call home again, and my dad answers. So he comes down with the truck and we try to jump start the car. No luck. I refuse to drive while we tow it (because I don't feel confident enough to NOT wreck the car.) So we go home and get Shauna so she can drive it. So....we tow the car to the mechanics. I'm hoping it's just a fuse problem like last time. I have the money right now in case it's a pricey repair, but that money was earmarked for my car insurance and credit card. CRAP!!!!!!!

So, Shauna says to me "How are you going to get to rehearsal tonight." I say "I don't have rehearsal tonight, actually." She says "YOU DON'T? Since when?" "Since last night." "Because Heather and I are going up to Laramie to see 'A Chorus Line.'" So, I gave up my relaxing evening at home to drive 1 1/2 hours to Laramie to see "A Chorus Line" at the University of Wyoming...starring my dear friend (and adopted little sister) Katrina Despain as Cassie! She was absolutely wonderful and it was totally worth the 3 hours in the car and the lack of sleep.

So...those are my current peaks and valleys. I know that we have to experience the valleys so that we can appreciate the peaks more, but I'm getting a little sick of having so many valleys. They are becoming a little more common than the peaks...and it's getting ANNOYING!!!!!!

No comments: