Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A few quick thoughts on the Emmys

Original Post Date: September 22, 2008

That has to have been the LAMEST Emmys I have ever seen. Could it have gotten much worse? Next year, just let Tom Bergeron host the whole dang thing and ditch the other 4. Seriously. And he SHOULD HAVE ONE!!!! Why the heck did Probst win? Geez.....

There were some good things, though. My favorite moment of the night was the exchange between Ricky Gervais and Steve Carell. That was ABSOLUTELY PRICELESS!!!!!! Especially when Steve pulled the Emmy out from under his seat!!!! I laughed so hard!!!

Tina Fey and Amy Poehler's presentation. They have to be the funniest women on TV right now. "I thought you said you were going to practice this!" "I LIED!!!!!"

Yay for the wins for "John Adams". If you have not watched that miniseries, you MUST WATCH IT SOON!!! It was amazing. If Paul Giamatti had not won, I would have done something really drastic...like eat my hat or something. There was no one better than him in ANYTHING this year. Hands down. Laura Linney was amazing, too, and I'm glad she won (though Phylicia Rashad was equally amazing in "A Raisin in the Sun". If you haven't that...SEE IT!) I say BOOOOO that Audra didn't win, though. She rocks!

Josh Groban's musical tribute to TV Theme Songs was great! He does some pretty dang good impressions! That was...impressive. I'm sorry, I couldn't think of a better word. :)

All in all, the evening sucked, though. I'm very glad that I came in late and was able to fast forward through most of it. Thank heavens for DVR.

No comments: