Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Updated Dream Roles/Dream Shows List

Original Post Date: June 5, 2008

Last year, I wrote a blog listing the shows I want to do (but have never done) with the roles I'd like included. Well, it's time to update the list. This time, I'm going to list my dream roles and dream shows separately. I'm still a little bit in awe that I finally got to check off a dream role this year. Tzeitel is a BLAST AND A HALF!!!!! 10 performances down, 17 to go! I don't want it to end!!!

Anyway, here is my list of dream roles:

1. Winnifred in Once Upon a Mattress
2. Eliza in My Fair Lady
3. Annie in Annie Get Your Gun
4. Irene Molloy in Hello, Dolly!
5. Carrie in Carousel
6. Adelaide in Guys and Dolls
7. Beth in Little Women (Jason Howland version)
8. Sister Amnesia in Nunsense
9. Eulalie in The Music Man
10. Mother Abbess in The Sound of Music

And now my list of Dream Shows (just the ones I haven't done yet!)

Annie Get Your Gun
Carousel
Guys and Dolls
Hello, Dolly!
Kiss Me, Kate
Les Miserables
The Light in the Piazza
Little Women (Jason Howland version)
My Fair Lady
Nunsense
Once Upon a Mattress
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Thoroughly Modern Millie

And a quick list of some shows I'd really like to do again:

You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown (I was 13 when I played Lucy. I'd love another shot at that!)
The Music Man
Into the Woods
The Secret Garden
Beauty and the Beast

Consider this my wish list to my favorite theatres in the area. You know who you are.

No comments: