Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A few thoughts on the Emmy Nominations

Original Post Date: July 17, 2008

I don't watch a lot of TV anymore...don't really have the time. But I know enough about what's going on. Here are my thoughts on the Emmy nominations that were announced today. (Bear in mind that I'm scrolling through the 40+ pages of nominations while I'm writing this.)

First of all: The HBO miniseries "John Adams" is freaking amazing! I've been watching it recently (thank you, Netflix) and it's AWESOME!!!!!! I'm going to watch the 7th and last installment tonight. Paul Giamatti recently trumped Tom Hanks as my favorite actor, and he ABSOLUTELY deserves to win the Emmy for his portrayal of John Adams. Laura Linney should win for Abigail Adams, too. She was awesome! The show deserves to win as well.

Oh my gosh! Julianne Hough is nominated for Best Choreography for Dancing with the Stars! Yay! She has to win. She just has to!

Hey!!! I didn't know they gave Emmys for commercials! The FedEx Carrier Pigeons commercial is nominated. That was a good one!

Aww....Chuck got nominated. I love that show. It's just for Outstanding Main Title Design, but still!!

Aw crap...Phylicia Rashad is up against Laura Linney. A Raisin the Sun totally rocked, too! OH, NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY! Rainn Wilson is nominated! Go Dwight!!!!

Oooh! Double yay!!! Michael Emerson is nominated. He better win, or Ben will move the island again. :)

Nice...Tom Wilkinson, David Morse, & Stephen Dillane are all nominated for John Adams. :)

AUDRA! AUDRA!!!! She's nominated for A Raisin in the Sun! An Emmy would look so great next to her 4 Tonys! (And one of those Tonys she won for playing Ruth Younger in A Raisin in the Sun!)

Outstanding Comedy Series...THE OFFICE

Outstanding Drama Series...LOST

Outstanding Miniseries...JOHN ADAMS

Outstanding Made for TV Movie...A RAISIN IN THE SUN

Outstanding Reality Series...THE AMA....wait...WHERE'S THE AMAZING RACE?!?!? Oh, wait...there it is. Reality Competition Program. WHEW!!! Oh, and Dancing with the Stars is there, too. Cool!

Man, there are a lot of Emmy categories. They should give an Emmy for Outstanding TV watching or something. I wouldn't win, but I know a few people who would.

No comments: