Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Golden Globes Nominations Announced

Original Post Date: December 13, 2007

It's getting to be my favorite season: Awards Season!!! The Tony's might be my Super Bowl, but the Golden Globes and Oscars are my World Series! Yay!

Anywhoo...the Golden Globe nominations were announced today. You can view the entire list here: http://www.goldenglobes.org/nominations/

I'm at work and don't have access to my Oscar nomination predictions (I've been working on them all year, because I'm a nerd.) So, I'll just comment on how I feel about the nominations made today. (Look for my Oscar predictions a day or two before the actual nominations are announced.)

Cecil B. DeMille award to Steven Spielberg = YAY!

Best Motion Picture - Drama. Wow, haven't seen a single one! Haven't even HEARD of a few of them. And the Lead Acting noms...haven't seen them either.

Best Motion Picture - Comedy. Haven't seen any of them either, but a few are on my list to see soon. YAY FOR AMY ADAMS!!! She is awesome in "Enchanted" and totally deserves to win! Although, the buzz I've heard indicates that Ellen Page will win for "Juno".

Best Animated Motion Picture. "Bee Movie" is good, but "Ratatouille" is gonna take it. That movie is amazing! The view of Paris is worth the price of admission, and then you get a very good story, too! Pixar Rules!

Best Original Song. How can you NOT give it to "That's How You Know?" from "Enchanted"? Seriously, that song is fabulous!

Best Actress in a TV Series. Why are there 7 nominees? Awkward....

Best TV Series - Musical or Comedy. WHY IS "THE OFFICE" NOT ON THE LIST! I SAY BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Best Actor in a TV Series - Musical or Comedy. Steve Carell may have lost the Emmy to Ricky Gervais. (Ah, the irony.) But he will win the GG!!!

Best Actress in a Miniseries or Made for TV movie. I can't choose! Bryce Dallas Howard and Sissy Spacek were both awesome in those movies!

That's all I have for now. I'm sure once I get home and look at my Oscar list, I'm going to realize what's really missing from the GG noms.

No comments: