Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Weird...just weird.

Original Post Date: February 29, 2008

So, I decided that I need to get my business card out to a few places...Bridal Shops, Funeral Homes, that kind of thing. I could probably get a few singing gigs that way. So, I get on the computer to print out some more cards. I haven't printed any in awhile, and I'm not sure exactly how long I've been out of them. Well, we got a new printer for Christmas. It's one of those fancy Scanner/Printer/Copier deals. It's been great, except for one thing. We have used WordPerfect for years, and the printer does NOT like that program. Not a bit. It prints right away when you're on Word, but with WordPerfect? FUHGEDDABOUDIT! I tried once to print, and it didn't work. So I tried again, and then let it sit. Still wasn't printing. I really need these business cards, so I went to VistaPrint.com to see about getting free ones. I didn't like the free ones, so I looked at the ones you have to pay for. I found a really nice one and got it set up. I was just finalizing it when all of the sudden, the printer starts making noises. It was going to print! Oh, no! I'd taken the business card paper out! If my cards printed on regular paper, I'd have to wait another hour to get the actual cards!!!! So, I yanked the paper out before anything started and shoved the business card paper in. I got the cards printed and, while they don't look as cool and professional as the ones on Vista Print, they will do for now. I have 8, and that should do me just fine. I was going to pay $19.99 for 250 cards. Which isn't bad, but if they suddenly became obsolete, I would have a lot of extra cards on my hands. And they aren't the kind you can cross stuff out on. They were all colorful and stuff.

So, apparently...I'm not supposed to have 250 business cards right now. Weird...just weird.

No comments: