Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Nature's Power and Majesty

Original Post Date: June 21, 2008

So, I got the show of a lifetime on my way home from Greeley last night. There was a HUGE storm going on between Loveland and Greeley. And I got to watch the most amazing lightning I think I have ever seen! It was better than the 4th of July! (Okay, maybe not...) Huge bolts of lightning, and they lit up the ENTIRE sky! It was gorgeous!!!!!!!! And then the rain hit. I started getting drops falling about the time I got to the State Farm building. And then the torrential downpour started. There was so much water on the highway that I kept hitting huge puddles. I thought I was going to start hydroplaning. It was pretty scary there for a few minutes. Then I thought there was something wrong with my tires, because I was hearing weird noises. I think there was debris on the road from the preceding wind storm. Well, by the time I crossed the interstate, the rain was over. And as I got further into Loveland, everything was totally dry. It hadn't even rained there!!!! Gotta love the mountains...storms shoot right over Loveland dump on Greeley!

So it was a fun drive last night! Nice to break up the monotony of my 45 mile (round trip) drive!

No comments: