Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I just read the BEST BOOK!!!!

Original Post Date: June 24, 2008

If you are a Jane Austen fan, or have ever been obsessed with Mr. Darcy...you have to read this book! It's called "Austenland" and it's by Shannon Hale. Here's what the back cover says:

Jane is a young New York woman who can never seem to find the right man - perhaps because of her secret obsession with Mr. Darcy, as played by Colin Firth in the BBC adaptation of Pride and Prejudice. But when a wealthy relative bequeaths to her a trip an English resort catering to Austen-obsessed women, Jane's fantasies of meeting the perfect Recency-era gentleman suddenly become more real than she ever could have imagined. Is this total immersion in a fake Austenland enough to make Jane kick the Austen obsession for good, or could all her dreams actually culminate in a Mr. Darcy of her own? In this addictive, charming, and compassionate story, Shannon Hale brings out the Jane Austen obsessive in all of us.

Addictive is right. I got the book from my cousin at about 3:45 pm yesterday. I finished it at 8:00 pm tonight. I couldn't put it down! I knew who I wanted Jane to fall for, and I couldn't wait to find out if it worked out or not. This book is amazing! It's so funny! The author is clearly obsessed with Jane Austen and she knows that all of us that share that obsession can't believe how obsessed we are...and that we wallow in the silliness of it all. And she plays right to us with is great book. It's a wonderful tribute to Jane Austen fans everywhere...especially to those who know what I mean when I say "Colin Firth in a wet shirt."

Get it....read it....LOVE IT!!!!!

No comments: