Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Karaoke Mania!

So, a couple of weeks ago, I did something that I had never done before in my entire life: KARAOKE!!! How I've gone this long without doing Karaoke, I'll never know. But whatever...I've done it now! Saturday night is Karaoke Night at the Island Grill across the street from the Union Colony Dinner Theatre, where I'm currently doing Fiddler on the Roof. We head over there after the show and have a blast!

Here's my problem, though: I was raised on classical music and Broadway musicals. I know a little Pop, but not much. Not enough to be comfortable singing it. Some people don't care whether they know the song or not. I, on the other hand, care a LOT. Luckily, my first time out I did have a song to sing: "Save the Best for Last" by Vanessa Williams. Didn't do too shabby. Well, the next week I didn't go, because I was sick. But last Saturday night, I went again. I was prepared this time. I had some showtunes in mind that I thought they might have. Turns out they didn't. I had wanted to do "Gimme, Gimme" from Thoroughly Modern Millie. Nope..didn't have it. My second choice: "The Wizard and I" from Wicked. Didn't have it either. I had to choose a new song immediately...and I couldn't think of anything! So I did "Save the Best for Last" again. But we did end up staying late enough that I got to sing again. And I did "I Won't Say I'm in Love" from Hercules. Yes, that's right. I did Disney Karaoke. And you know what? That's what I'm going to do from now on! If they don't have the showtunes that I want to sing, I'll just do Disney. Who cares? I don't!

I have a video of me singing, but the sound is awful. My camera doesn't do very well when the audio is too loud. But here's a picture:


No comments: