Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Tony Nominations Announced

Original Post Date: May 13, 2008

So, the Tony Award Nominations were announced today. The Tonys are like my Super Bowl. Seriously. I LIVE FOR THEM!! And you know what? I'm actually considering not watching them this year. Yeah. Don't worry...I'll watch. South Pacific is up for a bunch of awards...which totally rocks. But the new musical that I have already seen...twice...only got TWO!!!! WHAT THE CRAP?! Now, I know a lot of people don't like "The Little Mermaid", and to each his own. But I really love that show. It deserved more than it was given. Sierra, Sherie, Eddie, Tituss...in my opinion, all should have gotten nominations. It should have gotten a nom for Best Musical. The only two nominations it got were: Best Original Score for a Musical (and it rightly deserves to win. Alan Menken rules the WORLD!) and Best Lighting Design. HELLO?!?! THAT'S ALL?!?! YOU HAVE GOT TO BE FREAKING KIDDING ME!!!!!!

I'm actually madder about this than I was last year when Ashley Brown got snubbed. She's an amazing Mary Poppins. (She's going to tour! I hope they come to Denver!!!!!!!!)

So anyway, just had to get my gripe out there. It's a well known fact that the Oscars let me down a lot. But the Tonys? COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: