Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Somebody talk me out of this!!!

Original Post Date: March 11, 2008

Quick! I need someone to give me some really good reasons why I should not do a solo voice recital. I've been on the fence about this for a couple of years now. It has been 8 years since I did my senior recital in college. I really am due to do another recital now. I sing WAY better now than I did then. And I've been taking lessons from Juliana for almost 5 years now. But recitals are just so stressful and a ton of work! While it is a great excuse to buy a new dress (I'm hoping that cute red one we found while looking for my dress for the Gala last year will be there in my size.) But no! Buying a new dress is no reason to go through the pain and agony of another recital. Okay, pain and agony might be a little...over the top. But have you MET ME? I'm always over the top. That's just me.

If I did a recital, it would be called "Songs that I Love". The stipulation for a song is that I have to love it...and I have to be able to tell you why I love it. So technically, I wouldn't have to learn any new songs. That's a bonus. But still...it's a lot of work. I don't have a lot of spare time these days. But if it's songs I already know....

ACK! SOMEBODY SLUG ME! HIT ME! DON'T LET ME DO THIS!!!!

I want to do a recital. No, I don't! But it would be fun! It would be stressful!

aiEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: