Wednesday, October 22, 2008

What a rip off!!!!!

Original Post Date: October 4, 2007

Okay, so I'm technically a fair weather fan of Denver Sports teams. BUT ONLY A LITTLE!!!!! I'm happy for them when they do well, but I really don't care when they do poorly. If that makes me a fair weather fan, then so be it. I'm an Arts person. I think some of that money that gets thrown at sports should pay for stuff like, oh I don't know...THEATRE!!!!

But anyway...I'm very glad that the Colorado Rockies are kicking some trash in the playoffs this year. I'm told they are the best in Major League Baseball right now, so I'm expecting big things at the World Series this year. I don't really like watching baseball on TV very often, but I really like going to games. I don't do it very often, but I enjoy being in the ball park. Well, now that the Rocks are in the playoffs, I'd like to go to a game. But HOLY PRICE GOUGING BATMAN! Ticket prices are through the roof! Regular season, I can sit in the Rock Pile for $4. I just found tickets in the Rock Pile for this Saturday's game priced at $189. The cheapest tickets I found were $104. Now, I took Economics. I understand the whole "Supply and Demand" thing. But SERIOUSLY!!!!!! Next time someone complains about having to pay $20 to see me in a show, I'm going to pimp slap them. Why do people spend a crap load on sports tickets but balk at paying way less to see a high quality theatre production. They'll make the sports teams richer while local community theatre bites the dust. Priorities, people!

Okay, okay....so I paid $110 for my ticket to see Wicked on Broadway, but that was waaaaaaaaay more entertaining (to me) than a silly old baseball game.

I'm done venting now. I'll be watching the Rockies win from the comfort of my own home...if I watch the game. But don't come crying to me about paying more than $20 to see me perform when you've blown all your money on a play-off ticket.

Repeat after me: ARTS RULE, SPORTS DROOL!!!!

No comments: