Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Guys and Dolls at LHS

Original Post Date: February 16, 2008

Musical theatre excellence has returned to Loveland High School! They struggled for a few years...for reasons I will not go in to. But it's back, baby!

Tonight I saw "Guys and Dolls" at Loveland High School. It was a marvelous production! The kids had an amazing grasp of their characters....Adelaide and Nathan especially. Those too were incredible! I also got a big kick of out of Harry the Horse. He was, as his bio states "a ginormous freshman." Seriously, this kid was huge! And he stole every scene he was in. Hilarious!

I was surprised to see so many guys on stage, dancing that well. Kudos to John Garner for getting the guys back in the choir program. And kudos to the choreographer for making them look good! They danced great! I haven't seen that many guys, dancing that well, on that stage since...well, since "Fiddler on the Roof" in 1997! Granted, I haven't seen the LHS musical since 2004, due to my own performance conflicts, but I was involved in or I saw every musical from 1992 through 2002!

I thoroughly enjoyed myself tonight. It's fun to sit back and see high school kids having a ball on stage...and putting on a great show! Way to go, LHS!

PS. I now want to play Miss Adelaide more than ever.

No comments: