Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Real Life vs. Video Games

Original Post Date: January 16, 2007

Last night I had my first true understanding of why video games are so popular. You can be really good at what you're playing on the video game while you totally suck at doing the same thing in real life. I understand that now, because of a little thing called Wii Bowling.

This past weekend, I played Wii Bowling a couple of times. I got pretty good at it, if I do say so myself. I'm usually not very good at video games, so this was a happy thing! Well...last night, I went bowling with my siblings and some folks from church. I don't know what happened...but I totally sucked. I bowled an 82...over 2 games. Yeah, I was throwing gutter balls like there was no tomorrow! SHEESH!!!! I did tons better when I bowled a couple of months ago. I blame my wrist...I've been having problems with it. My whole arm up to my shoulder, actually. I'm falling apart in my old age.

So anyway, I totally understand why someone would want to play video games all the time and not do the stuff in real life. I would much rather bowl on the Wii than at the bowling alley, after last night!!!!

No comments: