Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I finally left the state!

Original Post Date: October 21, 2007

So, I really needed to get out of Colorado. The last time I left the state was July 2006 when we went to Idaho for our family reunion. Since then, the farthest I've been away from home is Larkspur. An hour and a half from home. Woo. So this weekend, Shauna and I took a little road trip. And by little, I mean we drove over 1800 miles in just over 2 days.

Our trip of randomness came about because Lori Depew needed a ride home from Kansas City. She had a one way ticket there and no way home. So, we set out Friday at noon and headed east. We spent the night in Lawrence, KS and then spent Saturday in Springfield and Branson, MO. (Shauna went to school for a year in Springfield.) We went to the Titanic Museum (which is absolutely AMAZING!!!!!!) and ate at Lamberts (the best restaurant EVER!). We visited a few people that Shauna knew from when she was in school, and then we headed back up to Lawrence. We stayed overnight in Lansing, KS at Lori's friend's house, and then left for home at 6:00 am this morning. We got back home a little after 3:30 pm today. That was a LOT of time in the car, but totally worth the trip. It was great to get away and we had a lot of fun!! I'll be ready for another road trip, but not for awhile.

No comments: