Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A show that's NOT a musical?!

Original Post Date: July 11, 2008

Yes, it's true! I am going to be in a play! Not a musical, not an opera...A PLAY!!! Craaaaaaaazy!!!! I haven't done a play in years! And the last one, I was the stage manager and a musician. That was "Tom Sawyer" the summer after I graduated from high school. The last play that I was actually in was "Charlotte's Web" in 8th grade. Let me do the math...that would have been the Spring of 1992. 16 years! Daaaaaang!! (Wow, I'm old.) I have only done musicals and opera for the past 12 years. And now I'm branching out!!!

I will be playing Kate Keller in Loveland Community Theater's production of "The Miracle Worker". I'm really excited! This is a dream show for me. I did a school project on Helen Keller when I was in 2nd or 3rd grade and she's been a hero of mine ever since! I have always wanted to do this play! And now I get to!!! Yay!!!!

The downside is that now I can't cut my hair like I had planned. I've been saying since Fiddler started that I was chopping my hair off as soon as we closed. Well, now I have to wait until the middle of September. It's for a good cause, though, so I guess I'll be alright. Oh, and I also don't get a break. We start rehearsals on July 14th. Fiddler closes July 20th. (I had one week off between Savior of the World and Fiddler rehearsals.) We start rehearsals for the Loveland Opera Theatre Gala on the Monday in between our weekends of performances. And then right after the Gala, chorus rehearsals start for The Elixir of Love. This has been a busy year!! It's good for me, though. Keeps me off the streets and out of the bars.

"The Miracle Worker" will be the first two weekends of September at the Rialto Theater in Loveland. Be there!!!!

No comments: