Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Little Women (the Opera...not the Musical)

Original Post Date: November 17, 2007

I saw the opera "Little Women" by Mark Adamo at UNC last night. The cast did a wonderful job. That is an INCREDIBLY difficult opera. It's definitely 20th Century. Woo baby! That stuff is HARD to sing. But they pulled it off quite well. The best aria in the entire show is Dr. Bhaer's. He first sings it in German and then continues in English. It's gorgeous!

The problem I had with it was that it was not the musical. I am absolutely in love with the musical by Jason Howland. I drove all the way to Salt Lake City to see it about 2 years ago. (Good thing, too...it never made it to Denver!) It's a show that I desperately want to do (I want to play Beth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!).

But that aside, the cast did marvelously...especially that girl who played Aunt March. ;)

No comments: