Wednesday, October 22, 2008

It's all a conspiracy (Or the Oscars snubbed ME)

Original Post Date: January 22, 2008

Someone please tell my why they feel they need to honor films that the critics like and audiences hate? Seriously. I trust a critic about as far as I can throw him. And I have good reason. I hate critics...with a passion. Movie critics destroy good movies and theatre critics destroy theatre companies. Stupid critics.

Anyway...the Oscar nominations were announced today. I got one prediction right and one half right. I correctly predicted Ratatouille. I correctly predicted Johnny Depp, but just got the movie wrong. So I was half right. That still counts...right? RIGHT??!! Whatever.

I am EXTREMELY HAPPY that Enchanted's three nominations are for Best Original Song! If they cancel the ceremony and I can't see those songs performed...I'm going to be PISSED!!!!!!! Writers, I love you, but PLEASE don't boycott the Oscars. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PUH-LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE!!!!!!!

As for the REST of the categories...I counted. I've only seen six of the movies that have received any nominations. I haven't counted the total number of movies that received nominations, but it's a lot. And only six out of that? Geez. I've had way better years that that. I saw some great movies this year, and most of them get no recognition for being high quality films. I, as a lowly filmgoer in Nowhere, USA, do not feel represented by the film community. I see their movies, sometimes more than once. I help pay for their movies with the huge prices I pay for movie tickets. Why do they choose to reward crappy movies with highly inappropriate content when good, wholesome, entertaining films get left in the dust? WHY?! It's not fair, it's not cool, and I'm getting a little sick of it. I don't want to watch those movies, and I won't be guilt tripped into watching them, just because they are considered Oscar-worthy. You're not getting my money or my respect. And I'm not sorry. So there.

No comments: