Tuesday, October 21, 2008

An Actor's Support System

Original Post Date: May 1, 2007

I think we have something special. I really do. I'm sure there are groups like this all over the world, but this just happens to be the group I'm in. We Northern Colorado actors are so supportive of each other. Some of us should be catty as can be, because we are always up for the same parts. But we're not! We love each other, we love working together, we love hanging out, and we love seeing each other perform! Even if we can't always see each other's shows, we always invite each other! It's always a thrill to greet the audience after a show and see familiar faces of my favorite former castmates. It's also fun to expand our family. We've got wonderful friends in the Denver acting community. Our shows are enriched by their presence and our lives so much better for knowing them. We're a silly bunch, and we have so much fun! We all just have too much fun, really.

I was just thinking about this today. I got to spend part of the afternoon with some of my favorite people, singing our hearts out for free! Then we went out to lunch and had a blast! Now I get to spend the summer with some more of my favorite people. I can't wait to start rehearsals!

No comments: