Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Weather: I say BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Original Post Date: May 23, 2007

Or...why I'm STILL WAITING to see Celtic Woman.Yeah, so we had tickets to the Celtic Woman concert at Red Rocks tonight. We got all the way up there (it's over an hour away from my house, on two busy interstates) and arrived an hour and a half before the concert was to start. It was raining a little, and had been all day. It was chilly, but not excessively cold. We stayed in the car for a bit and then trudged up the hill. They weren't letting anyone in yet, except those that had dinner reservations. So we trudged (in the mud, mind you) back to the car. We stayed for about half an hour and then...you guessed it...trudged back up the hill. Just as we got to the stairs, we heard that they were cancelling the concert and postponing it to the end of June. GAH!!!!!! At press time, we still haven't heard why the show was cancelled tonight. We do know, however, that the concert is rescheduled for June 28th and 29th. (Two concerts to make up for this one!)

The upside of the night was nice trip up to Idaho Springs to visit Veronica. I don't get to see her as often as I would like! And Noah was his cute little self as always. (I don't think I've ever seen a 19 month old roll his eyes at his mom before. That was HILARIOUS!!!!)

So yeah...it's snowing in the mountains, raining at Red Rocks, and I didn't get to see Celtic Woman tonight. If only the State Trooper would have pulled over that truck on I-25, my night would have been better!!!!!!

No comments: