Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Tradition...tradition!

Original Post Date: May 31, 2007

buh bum dah dah dum dah dum dah dah dum dum dum TRADITION!

Okay, so we've got this tradition in my family that when ever my mom is out of town, we have a pizza and movie night. We order pizza to be delivered (which, of course, is unheard of when Mom is home) and rent movies. Well, my mom is in the hospital, because she had knee replacement surgery today. (It went well, in case you were wondering.) So, tonight was declared Pizza and Movie night. Except that today is my brother and sister-in-law's anniversary, so I'm baby sitting Emily so that they can go to dinner and a movie. Shauna had to work until 8:30 in Greeley and Neal had Institute. So, to keep the tradition alive, Emily and I had Pizza and Movie night. We were going to watch "Beauty and the Beast" but I forgot that they didn't have it. So we watched "Finding Nemo" and 2/3s of "Cars." As for the pizza, I've been craving Domino's Brooklyn Style pizza for awhile, but Domino's doesn't deliver to Wellington. So I order a large stuffed crust Meat Lovers from Pizza Hut. Well, it turns out that Emily had eaten pizza for dinner yesterday and lunch today, so she didn't want any pizza. *sigh* So I ordered the pizza anyway. Then she told me she wanted Mac and Cheese. Okay. So I start the water on that, and the pizza comes before the water is even boiling. I start eating my pizza and then Emily comes over to the table and says that she wants pizza. So I give her a small piece. She doesn't even eat it, just picks the meat off and goes "Ew!!!" (I love 2 year olds. I really do!!!) So finally the Mac and Cheese is ready and she does eat quite a bit of that.

So Pizza and Movie night turned into more of Mac and Cheese and Pixar night, but at least we're keeping the tradition alive!!!!!!!! Craig complains that we never invite him to Pizza and Movie night anymore, and I told him, "Hey, we're having it at your house this time. It's not my fault you have other plans!"

Ah, well..........Oh, and by the way...it's a girl! I'm getting another niece in October! Emily and I decided tonight that her name is Ariel. I voted for Mulan, but Emily wants Ariel. Go figure. The child is obsessed with "The Little Mermaid"!

No comments: