Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Lowdown on NATS

Original Post Date: March 31, 2007

First, the best news of all: I am not allowed to compete in NATS anymore!!! Well, okay, I could do Classical if I wanted to. But Musical Theatre...nope! Why, you ask? Well, because I won category 14B! That's the highest category, so I'm done! You're probably wondering why not competing anymore makes me happy. Well, it's because I HATE COMPETING!!!! It's stress city! I don't get nervous, but I get anxious. And then I have to sit for HOURS waiting to find out about finals. And then wait for HOURS for the awards convocation. It's a headache. I much prefer singing in other venues, thanks.

Nevertheless, I competed in Musical Theatre 14B today, and I won! I'm very excited! We didn't get to do finals, because not enough people showed up. That was a bummer, because we had waited so long. And I really wanted to do my song again. I would have done "Adalaide's Lament" for finals. Oh, well! (My other song was "Home" from Beauty and the Beast. I messed it up a little. I sang the 2nd verse twice. Whoopsie! I didn't bat an eye, though, just kept right on singing!)

So anyway, I just wanted to share the fun news! I'm glad it's over. I'm also glad that NATS got moved to CSU so that I didn't have to drive to Laramie!!! Yay!!!

No comments: