Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A couple of thoughts on the Tonys

Original Post Date: June 11, 2007

Just a few random thoughts from last night's Tonys:

Audra McDonald ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!! And I can see that she and John Cullum have some great chemistry. If was coming to NYC soon, 110 in the Shade would be on my list of must sees!

I totally TOTALLY want to see Mary Poppins. I adore the movie and the scene they did last night made me want to see the show so badly!

That thing with John Mahoney and Jane Krakowski was BRILLIANT!!! I, like Kevin Spacey, would like to see that revived very soon.

Raul Esparza's rendition of "Being Alive" made me almost cry. I love that song, and he had a magnificent performance. I totally thought he had the Tony in the bag, and I'm sad that he lost. But yay for David Hyde Pierce winning. It was nice to see him so incredibly shocked and humbled. No ego there!

We fast-forwarded through Fantasia. We started listening, and just couldn't bear to hear that great song "pop-cized." Blech!

I would really love to see The Coast of Utopia. It sounds like it was AMAZING!!!!!

Good show overall. Didn't miss having a host, though I would have loved Hugh Jackman to host again. He's so cool! Got to see plenty of him, because there were Viva Laughlin! promos at each commercial break! I'm going to have to check out that show. At least the pilot.

No comments: