Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Always, Patsy Cline

Original Post Date: February 26, 2007

I'm surprised I have time to blog today. It's day 2 of Tech Week and I hit the ground running this morning. (This after staying up until 2 am watching the Oscars.) However, if I don't get this written, it will never get done.

We saw "Always, Patsy Cline" at the Nonesuch Theatre this past weekend. What a wonderful show! I wasn't too familiar with Patsy Cline, but knew a few of her songs. Well, I knew more than I realized actually. Strange.

Anyway, the show is wonderfully charming. I especially loved the character Louise. She makes you feel like you're right at home and really draws you in with her storytelling. Nancy Connover was a GREAT Louise. She had just the right amount of Southern charm and sass. She was hilarious! The perfect Louise. Gina Schuh-Turner played Patsy and she was FABULOUS!! She mostly sang, but had a few scenes with dialogue. I was amazed at the amount of singing she had to do. And it was low!!! I've known Gina for a few years now and she's a soprano!! She has amazing control and did just fine in Alto Land.

There's only one weekend left of this show at the Nonesuch! It's probably sold out by now, but call and beg Nick to let you in. This is a must see!! Oh, and did I mention the set? My sister built it. I helped put it up. (Shocking, I know. I'm not allowed to use power tools!!)

No comments: