Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I'm feeling it in my knees now!

Original Post Date: May 28, 2007
We went hiking today. We were supposed to go up to Bridal Veil Falls, but there was no parking at the trail head. So we hiked up to Gem Lake instead. It was a shorter hike anyway, so it worked out better...especially since we had a two year old with us. Emily did pretty well. She wanted to walk, but it was just too much. She ended up in the back pack for most of the hike. And she fell asleep for a little while:


The hike was 4 miles overall, but a good portion of it was these huge steps, like a massive staircase. That is SUPER hard on the knees, let me tell you. But totally worth it! Witness:


Another great part is the view. The trail is directly north of Estes Park:



You can kind of see Estes Park in that picture. I've got some other ones, but this one is the best, scenery-wise. All in all, a fun day. It felt SOOOO GOOD to put my feet in the lake when we got to the top. Glacier water is the bestest for sore feet!!! I did learn one thing today, though. I need new hiking boots. I think I've had mine for around 7 years. It's definitely time for some new ones!

No comments: