Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Taking theatre geekiness to a whole new level

Original Post Date: March 13, 2007

I just bought my tickets for the latest Disney Theatrical venture: The Little Mermaid. The show will have it's pre-Broadway engagement (AKA Out of town tryout) this summer in Denver! Tickets go on sale to the general public on Sunday, but since I'm cool, I got my tickets today. Here's where the geekiness comes in: We are going to see it twice! Once early on (previews start the last week in July, and we are going on August 9.) The show officially opens near the end of August and then we are going to go again. We are FASCINATED with the process. They will be tweaking, cutting, changing, rearranging, etc, the whole time. Then when it gets to Broadway, it will change even more! I'm so excited to see the changes that are made here in Denver. Then once it gets to Broadway, I doubt I'll make it out there to see it, but I can send my spies. Or just read about it online. Yay! Excitement!!!!!!!

Now that I think about it, previous theatre geekiness has been more geeky than this. Like the time we saw "Thoroughly Modern Millie" twice in one day, rushing for tickets the 2nd time and getting one seat 3rd row, center (next to the assistant director, no less!). Or when we drove to Salt Lake City to see "Little Women", because we didn't think it was coming to Denver. (It never did!) So this stuff with The Little Mermaid is pretty tame in comparison, but it still adds into the mix of Shauna and I being uber-theatre-geeks!!!!!!!

No comments: