Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I gotta go to Aspen!!!

Original Post Date: August 5, 2007

Oh my freaking heck!!!! I just found out that there is a production of the musical "The Last Five Years" playing up in Aspen this month. The character of Jamie is being played by Hadley Fraser. Who is Hadley Fraser, you may ask? Well...he's a British actor who recently made is Broadway debut in "The Pirate Queen" in the role of Tiernan. My sister and I are pretty much OBSESSED with that show right now, even though it has already closed. And Tiernan has the BEST song in the show, in my opinion. "I'll Be There" is a gorgeous, GORGEOUS song! Tiernan sings it after Grania, his true love, is forced to marry Donal O'Flaherty so that the O'Malley and O'Flaherty clans can be joined. Tiernan should leave, but he can't allow himself to. He stays close to Grania, and that's what the song is about. It's freaking awesome!

Anyway, I am now DYING to go up to Aspen to see "The Last Five Years". That's an amazing show as well, and seeing Hadley Fraser in it would make my whole year! However it's a 4 hour drive to Aspen. We'd have to get a hotel. Unless someone has a suggestion on somewhere cheap we can stay?! Hint hint!!!! The tickets are pricey, too. (Well, it is ASPEN after all.) But not as expensive as "The Little Mermaid"!

No comments: