Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Lost is back! (Or why I'm not a fair-weather fan)

Original Post Date: February 10, 2007

I am a Lostie from waaaaaaay back. Seriously, I have never missed an episode. I knew about the show even before the teasers started on TV, mainly because around that time I was still frequenting Lord of the Rings sites and message boards. I thought "Oh, Dom Monaghan is in that. I'll check it out!" Well, let me tell you...like many others, I was instantly sucked in. It had me a hello. Now, 2 1/2 years later I own the DVDs of both seasons, and I was dancing around the house last Wednesday night because after a 3 month hiatus, LOST WAS BACK!!!!!!! (Just ask my sister...she was witness to the happy dance.)

I love, love, love the show!! I really do. But there are so many people out there that are dabbling in the Lost waters. They missed some here and there (understandable) and so they are aren't caught up on everything. They don't get the hype, and that's okay. But there are others (not THE OTHERS) who were like me in the beginning. Never missed an episode, went all over the internet looking for hidden clues and answers, and then suddenly they decided that there is never going to be a resolution. Sure, every time we get a question answered, 20 more questions pop up. But seriously, folks...if we get all the answers at once, that does NOT make for good TV. It really doesn't. We have to be PATIENT!!!! Everything will be explained in time. Maybe the reason that I'm still going strong and I'm not TOTALLY confused is that I stopped going to all the websites. I was part of a discussion group at one point and I ended up leaving because the people were not very nice. It was awful! So I haven't been exposed to all the theories and stuff. I'm just taking the show as it is, enjoying the mystery. (Which is weird for me. I've never been a big fan of mysteries. I always think I know what's going on, and then I'm totally wrong and I feel stupid.)

I'm putting my trust in the producers and writers. J.J. Abrams has never let me down in the past. (I enjoyed the finale of Alias. It was fulfilling with just a hint of there could be more 20 years down the road when Isabelle grows up!) However, so many people are turning on the show. They have become fair-weather fans. No one has the patience for anything that isn't INSTANT. For heaven's sake people! All information will be given to us in due time. Sit back, take a chill pill, and enjoy the great TV show! And stop making me feel like I'm some sort of deviant for not giving up on the show!!!!!

No comments: