Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Finding a modest formal dress...

Original Post Date: May 6, 2007

...is so frustrating!!!!!!!!!! I don't want my boobs hanging out everywhere for the world to see when I'm wearing a formal dress. I don't want people staring at my bare back either. Or my shoulders, for that matter! Why does every dress I find have to accentuate bare skin?! What the heck is up with that?! Isn't anything left to the imagination anymore? Sheesh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All I want is a nice long gown. Nothing flashy. Nothing Mother-of-the-Bridey. It's not even for a dance or a bridesmaid or anything. It's to sing in. I need it for the LOT Gala in September. (I'm singing "Mr. Snow" from Carousel.) There are some great websites out there with modest bridal gowns, prom dresses, etc. However, they are all FRIGGETY EXPENSIVE!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not made of money, for heaven's sake! I'm POOR!!! I can't afford to buy a dress for $325 on sale!

Other people may be fine with flashing their assets, but I like to keep mine covered up, thanks. The good news is, though, that I found a wedding dress that I really liked. So if I ever get married, I know what I want to wear. Only $428! (Aye carumba!) I always thought that I wanted one of those poofy skirt wedding dresses, but everyone around here gets those. This one looks straight out of a Jane Austen novel. PERFECT!

Oh, and before you comment me that I can buy any dress just wear a jacket over it...I've tried that. The dresses are still low cut so you get a great view of the boobies, no matter where the jacket hits. I SAY BOO!!!!!!!!

Well, I've got a few months. Maybe I'll find something good. Otherwise, I'll just go with something from the 80s Prom collection in LOT's costumes.

No comments: