Tuesday, October 21, 2008

My Super Bowl is Nearly Here!

Original Post Date: May 15, 2007

Those who know me, know that I can pretty much care less about sports. Seriously. I'll watch them occasionally, I'll sometimes attend live games, and I RARELY participate. So you're probably asking yourself, what is Angela's Super Bowl? Mwa ha ha.....

THE TONY AWARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And guess what! The nominations were announced today. A few surprises, a few not-so-surprises. It'll be a good show, that's all I'm saying.

I'm a little sad that The Pirate Queen didn't get any nominations, but I wasn't totally surprised. I've heard some...um...interesting things that are a problem with the show. I am very sad, though, that they passed up Stephanie J. Block for lead actress in a musical. She's amazing in no matter what she does, and deserved a nom. for The Pirate Queen. Even though Christine Ebersole is going to win. Yay for Audra's nomination, though. She's the coolest!!! I'm glad that Mary Poppins got a bunch of nominations, but so sad that Ashley Brown did not. Rebecca Luker got one though, and she rocks!

Oh, and if you're wondering (and you probably aren't), if I was going to NYC right now, I would see The Pirate Queen, 110 in the Shade, The Drowsy Chaperone, and Mary Poppins. Oh, and maybe a few others. I can't decide. It's a good thing I'm flat-out broke. I can't afford to go to NYC and break the bank seeing all those shows!!!!!!!!

Oh, and it makes me very happy when I look at a list of Tony nominees and I recognize who the people are! Makes me feel like a true patron of Broadway. Of the 40 acting nominations, I recognize 28 names. That's more than half! Woo hoo!!!!!!!!!! I am such a nerd.

No comments: