Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I am not crafty

Original Post Date: February 24, 2007

Let me just put this out here so we're 100% clear. I AM NOT CRAFTY!!!!

Yes, I scrapbook. But take a look at them. They take simplicity to a whole new level. I prefer them that way. More pictures, less clutter.

Yes, I knit. But let me list the things that I can make: Pot holders, scarves, blankets. Sensing a theme? Mmmyeah. I did make a hat once, but it was by accident.

Yes, I cross stitch. Have you ever cross stitched? It's not hard. And I'm not insane enough to even try a Thomas Kincade cross stitch. (Yes, they make them. CRAZY!!!!!!!) I always buy the little kits that come with everything. I have a lovely collection of Care Bears, Disney Characters, and Suzy's Zoo. (None of which are framed yet, I might add.) And some cute lady bugs that I gave to my sister-in-law for her birthday last year.

I can do some set painting, but nothing intricate. Give me a roller and some walls laid out on my lawn, and I can go to town. I make quite a mess, but the job gets done.

Seriously, though... that's the extent of my craftiness. There are so many aisles at Hobby Lobby that I never even go down. There's no point. They have nothing that I would ever use. Emphasis on EVER! So why am I suddenly the "Art Department"? I would really like to know. Somebody sure got their lions crossed.

No comments: