Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Always a step behind

Original Post Date: July 31, 2007

Yesterday on my way to work, I saw some really strange things. First thing I saw after I turned off my street was an empty police car behind an empty car. No cop in sight. Hmmm...that's different. Well, then I get down to Taft and turn right. I head for the left lane, but immediately have to swerve back to the right lane because another police car was screaming down the road. Then I got up to Albertsons, and there was a police car with its front end smashed. On the corner was ANOTHER police car that had been broadsided. Now that's not something you see every day! And it had just barely happened, because there were no other emergency vehicles in sight! But I had to get to work, so I couldn't stick around to watch the action.

It was all explained in the paper this morning. The empty police car right by my street was because the cop had pulled some guy over and he had bolted. The cop chased him on foot and called for backup. The speeding cop car was the backup. The other two police cars had crashed into each other enroute to join the chase. The dude that ran was arrested about 2 blocks from my house. AND I MISSED THE WHOLE THING!!!!! Had I left my house about 2 minutes earlier, I could have hit the guy as he ran past my street. I could have saved the day. But alas, just like always, I'm a day late, a dollar short, and miss all the fun stuff. Oh, well!!!!!

No comments: