Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Celtic Woman Rocks; My Car SUCKS!!!!

Original Post Date: June 29, 2007

First, the good news. The Celtic Woman concert was absolutely WONDERFUL!!! It was amazing to be sitting among the 10,000 or so people at Red Rocks, basking in the awesomeness that is Celtic Woman. Those girls really know how to put on a good show! Their music is beautiful and they are just so much fun to watch! Especially Mairead. She's got so much energy! She's playing amazing stuff on the fiddle and dancing all over the place! Crazy girl! It's also fun to watch how the girls interact with one another. It's obvious that they are having a blast and get along great! It was a phenomenal concert.

Now for the bad news...

We returned to the parking lot after the concert, got in the car, I put the key in the ignition, turned it...and.....nothing. The lights came on but the engine didn't make a SOUND. Not even the weird clicking sound it used to do. Absolutely nada. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I NEVER have car problems. And now here I am, sitting in the parking lot at Red Rocks, with a dead car. All our plans went out the window (Shauna needed to be to the airport around 5 am).

So, after much deliberation, we decided to have the car towed all the way back to Loveland. I knew it was going to cost way too much, but I really didn't have a choice. The tow truck guy was really nice, though. We rode with him back to Loveland. He has a TV in his truck! I'm not exactly sure how I feel about a tow truck driver watching TV while he's driving, but we got home safely, so I'm not complaining. Anyway, we got back to Loveland at about 1:30 am. Dropped the car off at the mechanic. He probably won't be able to even look at it until Monday. We were supposed to take our truck in, and so my car is probably going in that slot. Neal picked us up from there. Now, we had two choices. Leave immediately for the airport and Shauna would just sleep in the terminal until it was time to board her plane, or go home and sleep for a couple of hours and then someone would have to get up and take her to the airport then. We opted to leave right away. So, it was back to Denver! We dropped her off at 2:45 am, and I don't know what she did until boarding time. (She probably asked for a cot. We found out from a very reliable source that they give them out to people who can't get hotel rooms.) Then we drove back home and got in at 4 am. My dad was already up, getting ready for work when we straggled in. Nice.

I called into work and left a message when we got home. I had warned them that if I got in super late I'd call and let them know I'd be a little late coming in. Well this message was probably pretty slurred (because I was so stinking tired) and I told them that I might not be in at all. It's 11:20 right now. I normally get off at 2. I don't know what I'll do. I still have to go over to the insurance company to see if I can get reimbursed for the towing expense. $260. OUCH!!!!!!!!!

So anyway, the evening started out great and ended up SUCKING ROYALLY!!! Why me? That's all I'm gonna say. Why me?

I should just not go to any concerts anymore. Here's why:

I went to a Cyndi Lauper concert in either 2002 or 2003 (can't remember for sure). My car died on the way home, just as I was getting off the interstate.

I went to Kool Koncert in 2003 and got a wicked bad sunburn.

I went to a Josh Groban concert in 2004, the very same day I was fired from my job.

We got in a minor car incident on the way to Denver in 2004. We were supposed to go see "I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change" at the Denver Center that day, and then go to a Ryan Shupe and the Rubberband concert. Instead, we had to have Craig come get us so we could get the two tires fixed, then we just went home.

And now this...

Yeah, I'm going to be avoiding concerts from now on.

I SAY BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

No comments: