Tuesday, October 21, 2008

It's a good thing I love theatre

Original Post Date: March 6, 2007

The title of this blog is what I told my sister today after she left me at the Nonesuch Theatre for 15 minutes holding up a VERY heavy wall. It's this very cool rotating wall for the Urinetown set. One side is Cladwell's office and the other side is Public Amenity #9. It took us forever to get it up and positioned right, and then Shauna had to run to Ace Hardware (thank HEAVENS there's one in Old Town) to get the pipes and hardware to attach it to the ceiling. She hurried back as quickly as she could, but it was a very long 15 minutes! It was awkward and uncomfortable. I felt like Wile E. Coyote in that one Looney Toons cartoon where he's holding up the Leaning Tower of Pisa. (That was Wile E. Coyote, wasn't it?) Well, anyway, the wall is up, is rotates (counterclockwise. The casters make funny noises if you try to go clockwise), and the cast could rehearse on it tonight. Just in time, too! They open this Friday!!!

And now, for your viewing pleasure...



What is this, you may ask? That is one of the streamers that I made for "The Gondoliers". They were horribly tattered by the time the show was over and not worth saving. It was no fun to just throw them away, so we burned them! At let me tell you...it was quite satisfying to watch those wretched things burn! I'm not gonna lie. We made some S'mores and enjoyed the fire. When was the last time you sat by a campfire, roasting marshmallows, on March 6th? It was great!

No comments: