Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Theatre News

Original Post Date: June 5, 2007

I've got all kinds of news in the theatre department! First off, Beauty and the Beast is off to a roaring start! We had our first rehearsal last night. I'm going to be the "Rich Lady" in the opening number. I guess I'm some sort of Bar Fly in Gaston. Not quite sure. There's only 6 girls in the number and 3 of them are the "Silly Girls". Still waiting to find out what Enchanted Objects I'll be. Should be finding out shortly. I still think it would be fun to be a Meat Tenderizer. Although, I'd love to be Singing Pork. ("Singing pork, dancing veal, what an entertaining meal") We'll see.

I still have 1/2 price tickets for opening weekend (July 20, 21), so let me know ASAP if you want some!!!!!!

Coming up right after Beauty and the Beast is the LOT Gala. We're doing a Rodgers and Hammerstein concert. I'm singing "Mr. Snow" from Carousel. I'm in the ensemble as well. Should be a great concert! There's a silent auction as well. There was some great stuff last year, so this year should be good as well. Proceeds go to LOT's next production, The Magic Flute, which will be in March of next year.

And now, the latest and greatest news...(I say great, because I will finally be able to put a check mark next to a name on my list of dream roles!) I have been cast in Fiddler on the Roof at the Union Colony Dinner Theatre, and I will be playing Fruma Sarah! I'm super excited! Mark your calendars now...the show opens May 16, 2008. A looooooooong time to wait, but totally worth it! That is one of the best character cameos in the history of musical theatre, in my humble opinion.

That's it for now! The Candlelight Dinner Playhouse is finally going to open the end of this year. I don't know what shows they are doing yet, but I really hope to be involved in some way, shape, or form!

No comments: