Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Taking one for the team (A Fun Theatre Story)

Original Post Date: January 18, 2007

So first of all, I looked like some sort of hip-hop gypsy at rehearsal tonight. I had on my rehearsal skirt over my pants, a long-sleeved tee shirt, & a beanie. I looked pretty silly! But that's not what the story is about. We are rehearsing in the gym of a church and the floor is INCREDIBLY slippery. I had on my character shoes and was sliding all over the place. Well, I had to do this little bit where I run on, act all winded and tired, and then run off again. Well, I ran in...and when I tried to spin around to exit the stage....I TOTALLY ATE IT! I fell flat on my face. Everyone was like "OH MY GOSH, ARE YOU OKAY?!" and I was laughing hysterically. I got up, struck a pose, ran off and took off my shoes. There was NO WAY I was doing that again!! I didn't think I was hurt, but later in rehearsal I bumped my right knee and it's pretty sore. I must have really racked it when I fell. Oh, well. I never said I was graceful and I never said I wasn't clumsy. Add in a well polished floor and some character shoes and VOILA! Entertainment!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: