Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Scrabble for Toddlers

Original Post Date: May 18, 2007

Can I just say for the ten trillioneth time...I have the cutest niece in the history of the world. I heard Emily's longest sentence to date last night. She said "A bug ate my sunflower." Seriously. She said that.

I was babysitting her last night, and we were playing games. First we played Cootie. That's a fun game for little kids. Then we played Scrabble. Seriously. I was spelling out everyone's names and asking her for letters.

"I need a Y, Emily. Can you find me a Y?"
"Y." She'd hand me a V. So cute. Then she started throwing the tiles, so we put that game away and got out Yatzee. Can I just say that nothing is cuter than a 2 year old throwing dice and then yelling "YATZEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!" We had to call Aunt Shauna and share that little gem. Then we had the following conversation over the speaker phone.

Angela: "Emily, tell Shauna where Mommy and Daddy went."
Emily: "A show."
ngela: "Tell Shauna what the show is about."
Emily: "'bout potties."
Shauna: uncontrolable laughter

Yes, they went to see "Urinetown."

Let me just say again....Emily is the cutest little bundle of 2 year old spunk.

No comments: