Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Blast from the Past

Original Post Date: July 22, 2007

First of all, performances for Beauty and the Beast are going great! We are having wonderful audiences and it's just a ton of fun! 3 more performances to go, next weekend!

Anyway, I had a total blast from the past when I walked out into the lobby after the show last night. Across the room, I saw a familiar face. I knew instantly what family he belonged to (a family I knew growing up. Their dad was my Bishop at church, and I went to school with the girls.) It's been a long time since they all moved away, so I wasn't sure I knew which son it was. Well, I talked to a few people and then kept making my way through the mob. He waved at me and said "Hi, Angela!" I knew instantly that it was Don. Especially when I came around and saw his kids and his wife Tami. Now, let me explain why this is an incredible blast from the past. When I was 13 years old, we did You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown. It was my first real show, and most importantly, my first principal role. Don was 19 at the time and he was the assistant director! Fast forward 16 years: he's living in New York and has 6 adorable kids. They were only in town for one day and randomly came to see the show! He was reading the program and in the acknowledgements, we thank my parents and grandparents. (Because of the set being built in my driveway, and stored for awhile in my grandparents' garage.) He thought "Well, that's not surprising." Then he saw my name, picture, and bio in the program! He never really knew my younger siblings very well, so he didn't put all that together. But what a wonderful coincidence! It made my whole night! For years I've thought, man I wish Don could see me in a show now. I've come so far since my first show! And here it happened...totally by accident!

No comments: