Tuesday, October 21, 2008

My Yahoo! Avatar

Original Post Date: February 9, 2007

I have a confession to make. I LOVE dressing up my Yahoo! Avatar. I usually keep her dressed according to what is going on. When we were in the throes of the infamous Christmas Blizzard of 2006, I had her all bundled up with ski cap on, and she was standing in front of a car that was buried in the snow. When I was doing "Anything Goes" last summer, I had her in a dress that looked like a 1930s style dress. I can't remember where she was standing, but I'm pretty sure it either had to do with a boat dock or she was on a boat.

Right now, in honor of Single's Awareness day that is coming up on Wednesday (you know this awful holiday as Valentine's Day), she's wearing all black. Even a black hat. And lest it be thought I put black glasses on her just to complete the theme, I hereby state that the glasses she's wearing look almost exactly like my own glasses.

Next, she'll be dressed like a Venetian Gondolier, in honor of my next theatrical production: Gilbert and Sullivan's The Gondoliers. After that, who knows? Maybe the snow will be gone by that time (Hey, I can dream, can't I?) and Spring will be springing. She'll be happy to break out the capris.

Oh, and I forgot to mention...my Avatar is currently standing next to a monkey. I couldn't help myself. It made me think of the monkey song from The Drowsy Chaperone. "I put a monkey on a pedestal, and tried to make that monkey stay. And he did, for a time, but he needed to climb, and with other monkeys play, far away!"

Is it pathetic that I am obsessed with my Yahoo! Avatar? Yikes!!!

PS. I've spent the last 5 minutes trying to figure out how to show off my beloved Avatar (I really should name her. I mean, she's ME, but she's not me.)

No comments: